add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
OuttaOptionsGuy

4 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7DrFV6 This is my hopeful cure to my sleeper gaming itch. I have a nice and powerful rig, but that sleeper vibe has been prodding at me for a long time now since. I will use the sleeper as a second PC for secondary accounts. I loved my first PC which was kind of a sleeper, using a Dell 560-570-580 non-SFF case, which supports mATX motherboards, but had insufficient airflow so it was modified. I have this list ready for when I get the 660s case with hardware inside it, but might find one without hardware. The 660s has a vent over the CPU intake and a vent where the GPU would hypothetically go. Opinions on this build plan?

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I would recommend using either 2 sticks of 4gb or 8gb ram, normally using one stick lowers performance. Also, 2400mghz minimum would be nice. Another thing is that you are paying to much for that 1060 6gb, I would get a 1660 or 1660ti depending on your budget, or if you can fit it in the Rx580 has a great price to performance ratio. Here are some of the cheapest small form factor 1660ti's and 1660's. 1660ti's: Asus Gigabyte EVGA 1660's: Zotac EVGA Hope this helps!

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I could dual channel the RAM, the 1060 6GB may be bought used, as with everything but the PSU, storage, CPU cooler, and the 3.5-2x2.5 converter. A 1660/1660ti is a consideration, but with the 1650 coming up(potentially no PSU cable, woo.), maybe I'll look to the 16 series. Thank you for the ideas.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube