add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

idontgeddit

versatilesoldier

8 months ago

So I was looking at this https://www.amazon.com/Sceptre-24-Inch-LED-lit-Monitor-E248W-1920/dp/B00QSUMKYA/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=sceptre%2B75hz&qid=1555366932&s=gateway&sr=8-6&th=1 and it says 75hz but under in description it says up to 75hz UP TO waht the hell does that mean it says 75hz in title but it says 60-75hz in description pls help

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

General 60hz is the lowest setting for monitors. If the monitor has faster options you as the user have control over that the refresh rate is, min, max or anything in between. I would expect you could set the above monitor to run at 60hz and 75hz, and maybe 72hz also.

I have a 144hz monitor and there's at least a half a dozen refresh rate options between 60hz and 144hz, so you could word it as "supports up to 144hz", which means if you need or want to run it at a lower refresh rate you have that option. To set it to 60, 72, 75, 100, 120 and 144hz (this list of options may not be absolutely complete).

Chances are you'd just leave the monitor you linked to set at 75hz and never think about it.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. I thought I would have to overclock it a lot for maximum of 75 he but thanks for help

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube