add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

SSD Sacrafice

EpicElephant

4 months ago

Is having a big ssd worth going from a 16gb to an 8gb or a 1060 to a 1050 ti?

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Perhaps. Perhaps not. What are you referring to as a "big" SSD?

Priorities depend on your particular applications and expectations for the system.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

a terabyte

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

it depends on what your going to use it for. that 99 percent of it.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

You could also buy a smaller ssd (250gb or 500gb) where you seve the os and the apps you use the most and get a hdd of 1 or 2tb for the other programs you use less! You could save money for 16gb RAM or a better gpu! I would stick with the 16gb RAM since 8 gb isn’t enough for things like gaming ore video edititng!

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Buy an RX580 instead of a 1060 and get the SSD.

Easy you can have the best of everything

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

If I can make the 1060 work should I use that through?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

RX580 performs similar or better in some titles

Its also cheaper and a better value overall if you ever plan to overclock.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm Getting a really cheap 1060. Seems to be really good/the best in its category not sure I can afford rx580?

The card should be in here: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/g82G8Y

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Heck no, get as much performance for your pc as possible. Nuts to a big SSD, that can wait. An SSD, for most users, translates to faster boot time. Get a small SSD for booting system and maybe to store on game, the rest can be traditional HDD. Nothing wrong with this, majority of folks go this route. HDD's are a necessary evil for the budget minded. A 4TB SSD is over $500, a 4TB 7200RPM HDD can be picked up for $100.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube