add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2070 Botttleneck Question

reidasaurusrex

4 months ago

If I add a 2070 to my build that has an i5-7600k that I can't overclock will that cause bottlenecking issues or will the CPU be able to keep up with a 2070?

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Bottlenecks always exist and is not a yes or no

We need resolution, refresh rate, and intended settings.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

How can you not overclock a 7600K?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

My guess is that they brought a non Z board for whatever reason.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes as it seems from his saved part list, he has a H270 chip-set board. So, no OC.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

The 7600K will go as fast as it can for the given application (game engine or whatever), and the 2070 will go as fast as it can rendering the frames sent by the CPU, for the desired graphics quality and monitor resolution. The right way to look at it is, does the CPU go fast enough running the programs I'm interested in? and does the 2070 render fast enough at the quality settings and resolution I want?

Having "too much" CPU or "too much" GPU doesn't slow anything down. The only bad effect is that your wallet might be lighter than it would be from a more appropriate parts selection.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

As BetrayedPredator mentioned above.

Bottlenecks always exist in the one way or the other.

OC or not, the i5-7600K is still a native 4 core processor without any additional threads.

Just play some games and if performance is satisfactory, you have nothing to worry about. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube