add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best mobo for 2400g

DanDan825

7 months ago

Hi all, building a pc for my mom, what do you think should be the best motherboard for the ryzen 2400g? thanks

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

That is a good list, there are not many ITX mobo for amd, hopefully it can OC the memory well that helps APUs. Only thing I see you can get the intel 660 m.2 1tb for 103 right now, no wires, might be nicer in ITX system it appears to go on back of mobo. It spec about 3X faster than sata. Some reviews like the msi but reviews of this mobo appear positive also. Far as psu the 450 are pretty reasonable and who knows someone might toss a gpu in there that would run a reasonable gpu so you have an upgrade path.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks- I checked the memory, its compatible :) Ill check out that ssd! I need all the spare room I can get!

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Its like $40 less and same 1tb. Nobody seems to have problems with them, they are just a cheaper nvme and don't do 6X sata speed like an EVO m.2 they do 3X. They just cut price on them few weeks ago. The m.2 just plugs in the mobo so you would have no sata drive in there. The mobo says 34xx mem speed so your 3200 should run good. Most memory works now they have updated bios, make sure you update it asap with any new mobo. Most of them had issues with original bios.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks!

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Try to update any mobo drivers too. I'm doing a 2400g too just ordered an asus prime pro x470, but will upgrade cpu at some point so wanted a mobo good with larger cpu/gpu.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

It being "for your mom" I assume she won't be doing anything heavy, so do you really need the 2400G in the first place?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, for her work, she dose alot of edditing of some sort

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

yep no idea why you'd assume that, some moms teach at caltech

so their kids eventually also go on to caltech

[comment deleted]
  • 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay thanks for the quick reply!

[comment deleted]
  • 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, this is it. I know the psu is a bit over kill, but I couldnt find a decent less wattage one.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/g4DKjy

[comment deleted]
  • 7 months ago
  • 1 point

aww Thanks! This'll be her birthday present!

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube