add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Building a huge order of 15 identical computers at work. Want to clone one drive with a clean windows install to multiple at once.

sand_bear

8 months ago

We got an order in for 15 computers, normally we dont get that many at once. I was thinking I could install windows on one ssd and then just copy it multiple times, but it would be much easier to do it if I could clone the one drive to multiple drives at once. Any way to do this?

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I've had good luck with clonezilla live on usb, but I don't know if it can do more than one at a time. They have a nice forum there take a look.

Maybe this: https://clonezilla.org/show-live-doc-content.php?topic=clonezilla-live/doc/03_One_image_to_multiple_disks

I did have last C2Q PC I did, I had to use older AMD version to get it to work for win7. Just saying sometimes you have to use a different version it should work no problem. That PC did have a radeon card in it but intel cpu so who knows, but clone to ssd and had to run a win util to change ID of drive and it was fine, I kept old drive in and it had same ID is why it would not recognize it.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

What you probably want to do is build a golden system image and deploy it. Clonezilla does have a server edition that I haven't personally used but should work in theory: https://clonezilla.org/clonezilla-SE/

Creating a good system image is different than just cloning a drive; you might want to look up some tutorials on that.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube