add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

VGA power cable for gpu

8bitbro

7 months ago

Good Morning All, Hope everyone enjoyed this past weekend. So I am in the middle of doing a new build and noticed one of the gpu power cables for the power supply has 2 (6+2) connectors. Is it safe to assume that i can use this cable for the gpu while plugging into 1 VGA socket of the power supply? I was under the impression that i had to use 1 cable for each connector of the gpu.The power supply is a EVGA 650W G3. GPU is an RX Vega 56. Thank you all for the help.

Best Regards, Chris

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

The daisy chain connectors should be fine to use.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi Lego, thank you for responding and thank you for the confirmation. :)

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

If the power supply cable comes as a daisy chain then its ok to use. NOT a fire hazard if the manufacturer does it :)

However, if you have the option of using 2 separate cables from the power supply to the GPU then that is preferable as it does give a noticeable performance difference. (I think like 5%? I'll find the video I saw on it awhile back if needed)

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey xbiker, thank you for the info. And never knew. I will have to check out the vid. Thank you again. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube