add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2080 or 2080TI?

Booler324

7 months ago

I'm planning my first pc build and my original plan was to go with a 4k monitor but after some research 4k doesn't seem worth it anymore, a good 4k monitor with good refresh rate cost way to much and the screens are generally pretty small. So I changed my mind and now I'm planning on going with this monitor. Before since I was going to get a 4k monitor a 2080TI made sense but now I'm not sure, should I go with a 2080 or a 2080 TI? Also any recommendations on which card to buy would be great too.

I'm going to be using the pc for gaming, video & photo editing, and simple stuff such as watching Netflix.

My current build

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I would recommend a 2080ti if you want to max out games while still pushing high refresh rates.

A 2080 can do it, but you can't play ultra in a lot of games

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Thats what I was thinking but I wasn't too sure. Right now I'm thinking of getting this card Mainly for its looks although I heard MSI 2080 TI's are slightly better in terms of performance, what do you think I should go with?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

This video is a good watch from LinusTechTips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehvz3iN8pp4

the TL:DR of that video is 1440p high refresh rate is a better gaming experience than 4k 60hz gaming. Also 4k 120hz gaming is completely impractical unless you have so much money you don't know what to spend it on.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah thats one of the main videos that changed my mind about getting a 4k monitor.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

What did you end up going with? Your build is quite similar to mine. Trust me, the 2080 Ti is not overkill for this monitor. I can't keep games locked at 120fps (most of the time I'm averaging 90-100fps with modern games on maxed settings). I'd never waste money on SLI and the new EVGA Kingpin 2080 Ti is tempting, but I'm settling for just overclocking my FTW3 Ultra as much as possible. If you can afford it, go with the 2080 Ti.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Right now I still haven't gotten anything cause I heard that AMD'S next gen CPU's are right around the corner and their supposed to DESTROY the CPU Market, so I'm just waiting on that to come out. When it does come out though I will go with the 2080 TI.

Also I just saw your build and it looks awesome, it's also nice to see someone else with that monitor, it looks a lot bigger then I though it would.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, yeah I love the monitor and planned the entire system around it. As for the Ryzen 3rd gen processor, rumor is this summer, so if you wait until then, you'll definitely save yourself some money if you keep your current build. Or you could always go with that one, but not sure what it will cost yet. In any case, wish you the best, and 2080 Ti is definitely the right choice for this monitor.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube