add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Motherboard and SSD compatibility check

alaajba

4 months ago

I picked the following NVMe SSD and Motherboard:

Memory: Western Digital - SN750 250 GB M.2-2280 SSD

Motherboard: Gigabyte - B360M D3H Micro ATX

In the motherboard specifications, it is mentioned under the connectivity: NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 22110 M.2 Connector (Up to 32 Gb/s)

My questions are:

1. Will the selected SSD physically fit into this motherboard? the SSD is M.2-2280 and the motherboard has an 22110 M.2 Connector?

2. Will this SSD run with maximum expected read/write speed on this motherboard? Is the motherboard limiting its performance?

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes.

Yes.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you Gilroar..

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Unless you see things like x2 Gen 3.0 or Gen 2.0 of either x2 or x4 that SSD will run at full speed.

So you won't see any performance limitations from the motherboard now if you were transferring to a slower disk that is another story but also to be expected.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I will be OK with what I have so far then.. thanks

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube