add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Noob wiring questions

Dievalkyrie207

4 months ago

Hi all,

So forgive my ignorance, but I'm looking at a PSU (Corsair HX750: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/LkM323/corsair-hx-platinum-750w-80-platinum-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020137-na). A couple questions have popped up:

1. I can kinda sorta understand where most things hook up. The 24-pin setup is a little weird though. The PSU is marked "24-pin ATX" but the ports are 18 and 10 pins. Last I checked, 18+10=28. What am I missing?

2. I've listed out the cables I think I need (mostly as an academic exercise), and I think this is the list. Anything look off? -2x 8-pin EPS for the CPU; connect to the two 8-pin ports in the 2nd row -2x 8-pin PCIe for the GPU; connect to the two 8-pin ports in the top row -1x SATA power for the Cooler Master ARGB hub; connect to one of the 6-pin ports on the left side

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

The 24pin ATX cable has extra 4 sense wires for improved voltage regulation.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube