add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Samsung 970 Evo Plus *2TB

EEnjoy

4 months ago

Hi everyone,

I contacted Newegg today hoping to have more information about the ''April'' release of the Samsung 970 Evo Plus in 2TB. They responded me that they didn't have more information about the actual release of this product. I was wondering if some of you have heard about a more specific date in April or is it mid-April or late-April?

Thanks in advance for the response!

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

if they don't know, and they're the ones that will most likely be selling it to you, then how would we know

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

There is a store here in my country that claims to getting this SSD in storage on May 1st. I am guessing they wont be the only store.

I am considering getting another nvme disk and this seems to be the best there is. First I could not really tell the difference between the Plus version and the non-plus version, but then I noticed it seems to have a nice boost in write-speed. 3300 MBps vs 2500 MBps on the first version. The price difference does not seem that big considering the price for these disks, so 800 more MBps seems worth it.

Next problem though is that I need a PCIE card to use it with, and I fear I would get one that would not support its full speed. So trying to look into that first.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Why not ask Samsung if you're hot to trot?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

^^ i'm sure they would at least give you a rough estimate, like they want to sell you the product

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube