add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fractal R6 SATA cabling

Billy-Bob_Kenobi

8 months ago

I'm planning to use the behind-the-tray mounts for my two 2.5" SSDs when I upgrade. Unfortunately, all the SATA cables I have are right-angled. Can anyone tell me approximately how long of a cable I would need to reach them?

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

I had no trouble with the cables provided with an Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate. Unfortunately I don't know how long they are; I didn't see the length in a quick skim of the manual, and I don't remember how long they were. I don't think the two mounts behind the motherboard try are all that far away, I would think less than 30 cm.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll probably just go ahead and pick up some spares anyway; better to have them and not need them, than to tear down my existing system and then find out my current cables won't reach.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I'll make sure to get some longer ones.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube