• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

fraser1593 1 month ago

Looking at buying the Acer Predator XB271HU monitor and am thinking of upgrading my gpu to a 2070. My question is would replacing my 1060 with a 2070 take advantage of the 1440p 144hz monitor, or would i need to replace other parts aswell. Games i play mostly are division 2 and overwatch. Specs below.

Intel i5-7600K_CPU_@_3.80GHz

Geforce GTX 1060 6gb

16gb ddr4 ram 2400hz.

MSI Z270 pc mate motherboard

Comments Sorted by:

Planemaster 1 point 1 month ago

Yes that should be fine. The 7600K is already a reasonably fast CPU so it can push those high refresh rates alongside your 2070. One thing I'd recommend if you already haven't done so is to overclock the 7600K.

fraser1593 submitter 1 point 1 month ago

Im pretty much a pc noob so im not sure if it is overclocked, how would i go about finding out if it is overclocked and then how do i overclock it. thanks for the help btw

Planemaster 1 point 1 month ago

If you aren't great with computers, probably best to not overclock it. If you are interested, make sure you have an adequate cooler as your CPU will heat up and read a few guides on it. Overclocking requires you to go into the BIOS and change the speed of the CPU. When you change the speed of the CPU, it needs more voltage to become stable and not crash. More voltage means more heat.

Otherwise, you should be fine with just upgrading to a 2070.

fraser1593 submitter 1 point 1 month ago

no worries ill have a look into it. thanks for the replys

Zerk2012 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

Your processor is fine. depends on the game and in game settings as to how many FPS you can get with the RTX 2070 using that monitor.