• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Bamischijfbal7 1 month ago

i installed my new msi rx 570 gaming x 4gb after that i got lower fps than on onboard.

i'am using a amd a10 9700 and corsair's valueselect 4gb 2133 mhz ram.

can you guys please help me? the drivers are installed.

Comments Sorted by:

Planemaster 1 point 1 month ago

Did you plug your monitor cable (HDMI/DVI/VGA/Display Port etc...) into your GPU? On a side note, 4GB of RAM isn't nearly enough for most games and chances are, you won't get much more FPS as that will be your main bottleneck.

Bamischijfbal7 submitter 1 point 1 month ago

yes, it's plugged right to the GPU.

so if i will buy one more stick of 4gb i will get more fps?

4gb for cs:go is good; they say

i saw on benchmarkers that i get 10fps more but in the game it's the same as before,

Planemaster 1 point 1 month ago

What FPS do you get in CSGO?

Bamischijfbal7 submitter 1 point 29 days ago

highest is 100 on low

average 60 on low

Planemaster 1 point 29 days ago

That seems about right. When I run CS:GO, around 5GB of RAM is used. That coupled with the fact that the A10 9700 is already a weak CPU, those numbers should be about right.

Realistically, for the best performance, you'd be looking to upgrade to Ryzen (You are using an AM4 socket with that CPU I believe so it is just a case of changing the CPU) and more importantly, having enough RAM. Personally, I'd ditch that set of RAM as 2133 MHz is too slow for any future upgrades to Ryzen and get a 2x4 GB 3000 MHz kit.

Why you are getting lower FPS than onboard graphics, I'm not entirely sure myself but perhaps the decrease in FPS is within the margin of error.

So yes, 4GB of RAM for CS is fine as it can run with that, just note that it will bottleneck some performance and it won't be particularly high FPS.

Bamischijfbal7 submitter 1 point 29 days ago

thanks!