add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will I be able to use RGB with these fans without an rgb adapter

TotallyWafflez

8 months ago

https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/product/GwCrxr/corsair-sp120-rgb-high-performance-520-cfm-120mm-fan-co-9050059-ww

I saw that these fans can also use corsairs iCue software, so just wanted to ask if I could use this without the physical controller since these fans are meant to be an expansion to a 3 fan set.

Also, if anyone has any better fans under 30 NZD, I would like to see. I don't need RGB, but a red led light would be nice but not neccesary.

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

No to manage the RGB you will need to hook them into a hub of some kind which in turn plugs into the motherboard if you want to manage via iCue. So your looking at the Node Pro unit or commander pro unit.

I think there is also a physical button module from which you can press buttons to change settings available for these fans, but seem a slightly awkward solution and was something out prior to the commander pro etc.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I'll just pick up a pair of led fans instead then

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

wait a second, isn't LED and RGB the same thing?????

or are those none color changing fans

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

isn't LED and RGB the same thing?????

Not exactly.

...are those none color changing fans

Exactly, LED fans are non color changing fans.

They just light up in White, Blue, Red or any other color. :)

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks ;D

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome :-P

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube