add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Asus vs. ASRock

TheRubenatore

8 months ago

I can’t decide whether or not I should get an ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 570 GPU or wait until the Asus Rog Strix Radeon RX 570 goes on sale.

I had originally chosen the Rog Strix for my PC build but I recently ran across the ASRock Phantom and now I can’t decide.

I know it’s the same card but I’m aware brands matter. It seems like both are the same as far as specs goes (ASRock actually does more according to Newegg specs) but I read that ASRock is fairly new to the GPU game.

Am I missing something? Are they both actually the same? Or should I wait for the Asus Rog Strix to go on sale and get that instead?

Asus Rog Strix Radeon RX 570 4G

ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 570

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

The core is identical, but there are some differences, the PCB and the cooler being the biggest. Also the Strix has a higher clock speed out the box on the default profile of 1300mhz vs 1244mhz on the Asrock. As a result the strix will perform a percent or so better. Both do have one click profiles set up using respective software however with the strix having a 1310 MHz profile and Asrock having a 1293 MHz profile at which point performance will be remarkably similar.

I don’t expect the strix will get a discount to bring it to price parity, usually it will command a slight premium. You can wait, pony up the difference or to be more honest the performance delta is really small anyways, more so with that one click profile each software has for the respective cards. Cooler will be slightly better on strix though and arguably looks more pretty.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you so much for the input. The case I got comes with two preinstalled fans, i’m not sure if that really helps with the cooling problem. Other than that, I was wondering about the performance, which you hit on the head. It doesn’t seem like too much of a dropoff and I’m kinda going for budget over performance at the moment.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

No probs.

Yeah if it’s that DIYPC case you should be fine with one intake and one exhaust fan. Both the strix and Asrock will use similar amounts of power, which in turn means dump similar amount of heat into the case, but we are not talking about overly hot cards here and the case and fans should be fine in getting cool air in and heat out.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube