add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New Build, Need help setting up Raid Please!

Butttornado

70 months ago

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card

Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)

I can't figure out how to set my ssd's to Raid 0. I found an option I think in bios that allows me to set them all to HD's, but I want to just set the ssd's to it and the standard HD's to normal. Please help. This is the last step to me being able to enjoy my new pc!

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 3 points

Instructions available in your mobo manual. If necessary, you can download it from the mobo manufacturer's website.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

you must set the storage mode to raid this is best done with the drives that wont be in a raid disconnected. once the bios is set the computer will ask you to set up a raid array. follow the promps and select the drives for ssd's the strip size doesn't matter to much some drives perform better with lower sizes but you would need to test each one to find this out. I have a 3 ssd raid 0 and I choose 128k.once this is done and configured the system will restart and you can intall your os. after os install replugin you hdd and enjoy

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

and make sure all the ssds are on the chipset sata

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, thanks everyone. After hours of meddling, I finally figures it out. I found it in the mb manual. It was surprisingly easy. I didn't know I needed multiple drives to setup a raid. Doesn't matter too much though, I set two as my scratch disk for photoshop. Now I just need to transfer my files fromy old comp and install programs. I'm so excited! Thanks for the help everyone!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube