PCPartPicker

• Register

Two smaller cards w/ SLI or one stronger card.

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

HaltPotato 1 month ago

Currently super indecisive on what I want to put in my next build video card wise. With SLI support starting at 1060 and above would I be better off running 2x 1060's or 1x 2060?

I can find 2x Gigabyte 1060's for about $450.00 total. vs the 2060 I've selected is $360.00. Would I get more for my extra $90.00. Or should I take that extra $90.00 and look into a 2070 for about $500.00?

Comments Sorted by:

MisterDanger31 3 points 1 month ago

Since the gtx 1060 does not officially support sli, it would be hard to get working, and even if you did, few games would support it. The RTX 2060 good, but which one have you selected. The Strix coolers are great, but they are expensive. Ray tracing is somewhat irrelevant, maybe consider a 1070. Imo, that's the best value card right now.

AceBalthazar 4 Builds 2 points 1 month ago

Hi, the best and easiest solution here is for you to get a RTX 2060. it performs as well as the 1070 Ti/close to a stock 1080 and you will never see that kind of performance out of SLI 1060's, especially since the 1060 doesn't support SLI officially

DrLitch 1 Build 2 points 1 month ago

GTX 1060 is not SLI supported. GTX 1070 is. Most Video Game Titles do not scale well with SLI. You will see a benefit for some titles, most, no benefit or very minor improvement over a stock single card. Get a single GPU, it will save you money and save you having to upgrade your Power Supply.

BaronMunchausen 2 Builds 2 points 1 month ago

Coming from a SLI set up..it is much better to spend the $$ and get just 1 GPU card than 2. SLI just never really made it super big time and I am surprised the 2080/ti can be SLI (or bridged) imho.

HaltPotato submitter 1 point 1 month ago

Appreciate the tips guys, I'm going to go with the MSI RTX 2060 Ventus. Not a terrible price and it's my preferred manufacturer.