add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Better Airflow

iRogerDodger

8 months ago

I just ordered Cooler Master 140mm Fans bc RGB and better than stock fans of course, but my question is I currently have an EVGA - CLC 120 74.82 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler mounted to the front along with one stock 120mm fan for intake and the other stock fan as exhaust in the back. Would it be better to mount the radiator to the top above the mobo and two of the 140mm fans to the front or vise versa? I have a Meshify C case and here's the rest of my build as well Completed build. Any advice would be appreciated as they come in tomorrow and I wanna go in with a plan for these upgrades. Also would I need splitter for these fans with my mobo?

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm, for that amount of money you could get a 240mm radiator.

And you could go with an air cooler as well.

A air cooler that costs the same or even less than that, would do the same or even a better job than the CLC 120mm AIO.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I got the 120mm AIO on Prime day a couple months ago for like $20 as well as these 140mm fans I got for $30 instead of reg $89 so it's hard to pass up. Would the AIO work better above the MB or in the front of the case is my main question.

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

Normally if you mount the AIO at the front, the processor would get the best possible cooling, as the air would be as cool as possible that will be sucked through the radiator.

I don't know how good it will look though, if that bothers you too.

Now you could mount two big air coolers at the front, and the AIO at the 1 top plus one rear fan as an exhaust.

And lastly you could even mount the AIO at the 2 rear, with two intake fans at the front and one top exhaust fan too.

• 1 [120/240mm (max component height on motherboard 40mm)]

• 2 [120mm (max width 125mm)]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube