add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I need a PSU that has the following connections...

schuurke87

5 months ago

For the rtx 2070 gpu an 8pin and a 6pin the cpu has a 6+2pin and 4pin (motherboard is msi x470 gaming plus)

I'm wondering if there is a psu that has all of these. Everything I find has one or the other so I'm guessing I'm going to have to get adapters.

Looking to buy CORSAIR HX Series, HX850, 850 Watt, 80+ Platinum Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Good idea? Bad idea? Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

The HX would be fine, but you could spend less (and get something just as good)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Power Supply *SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $84.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $84.99
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-14 20:38 EDT-0400
  • 5 months ago
  • 1 point

In addition to what ImperiousBattlestar mentioned above, you really don't need that extra 4 pin CPU connector.

It doesn't hurt to connect it, but even if you don't connect it, any AM4 CPU will work perfectly on that board regardless if it runs stock or overclocked.

Also a very good PSU to consider.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/bqVD4D/corsair-rmx-2018-550w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020177-na

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

the cpu has a 6+2pin and 4pin (motherboard is msi x470 gaming plus)

Are you sure this is what you actually want?

If you meant 8-pin and a 4-pin CPU power connector, there's a pretty wide selection of PSUs with 1x 8-pin CPU power connector and 1x 8-pin (4+4) connectors (or perhaps both in a 4+4 configuration), as well as the connectors for your PCIe power connector needs.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube