add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is the cx750m that bad?

Sarcasticat727

8 months ago

I have a CX750M in my pc right now and I have heard very mixed feedback on how good it is. I heard that it was only the green ones that were horrible, and that the grey ones were fine, but I also heard that they are all bad. So should I sell the one I have now and go for something better or keep it because it is good enough?

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

If that's your build, https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sarcasticat727/saved/#view=4cQXP6, it's more than fine. :)

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

No mine is the potato sandwich. That one is my brothers.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

potato sandwich.

LOL!

Yes, but the PSU is the Corsair CX750M, right?

• 8 months ago
  • 3 points

Yep. And the reason I call it that is because a potato sandwich is much better than a potato but not quite a French fry.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Ha - Ha. :)

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on if it has issues or not.

If it's still OK, stick with it.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

no issues so far and I have been using it for about 1 and a half years now.

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

Then, just stick with it

(as long as you aren't pushing the guts out of it, you should be fine)

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a CX600M with a green label, bought it back in 2014 and is still working. They're not the best units but they're fine for what they are.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

The green lable ones are bad if you try to push it anywhere near its max the gray ones are acceptable quality.

• 8 months ago
  • 3 points

That's not a group regulated unit, like the CX430M, CX500M, CX600M.

And voltages and ripples are decent even at it's full power.

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7125/corsair-cx750m-750w-80-plus-bronze-power-supply-review/index4.html

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube