• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Dtwenty 1 month ago

I have a 1070TI was messing a little with my OC i got when OC'ing for my first time. +150 on the gpu +350 on the mem at 2050 but it then drops to 2037 then finally 2025 it stays. ..

I did not realize voltage controls are lock by default, will adding voltage help with my max OC?

Comments Sorted by:

mark5916 1 point 1 month ago

If it goes down, it means the GPU does throttle after a point, and that's because the overclock

I did not realize voltage controls are lock by default, will adding voltage help with my max OC?

It may stabilize the GPU, but meddling with the voltage can ruin your GPU as well.

then finally 2025 it stays. ..

The drop the Ram speed slider down for getting exactly 2025MHz and leave it that way.

Some MHz more will not give you a substantial performance gain, but only higher temps and system instabilities.

Dtwenty submitter 1 point 1 month ago

ok, i see now, thank you very much!

mark5916 1 point 1 month ago

You're welcome :)

Irikal 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

Like mark5916 said, voltage tweaking can be dangerous. You can help stabilize an OC card (or CPU) but you must know what you do because pushing too hard can have catastrophic consequences.

If you are going to play with voltages...learn ALOT. Plenty of trustworthy people on youtube will show you... but you do play with this at your own risk and peril as a burnt GPU (or CPU) will not go under warranty.

Oh...and avoid The Verge videos :)

I like Buildzoid! Oh and NG

Hey man, no prob here just was curious, still at 0 and won't be touching. On a second note is my OC, would you say to be considered good?

If it works.. it`s better than stock :)

Good is what you make it. For me, I was able to push my 1080 to 1975MHz but was starting to see some artefacts so i went down to 1950MHz. Out of the box, the OC on my card is 1809MHz so... OC rules :)

Ok, i take it 1070TI has no factory oc, just wondering how that card works in terms of "good", Thanks again :)

I think that, un les locked down by MFG, all cards can be OCed. Some will have more modest OC capabilities of course. But you should not refrain yourself from trying.

MHz boosting will not harm the card itself... it may stop working, freeze, show artefacts but unless you bump voltage it's pretty hard to bust a card (or a CPU for that matter) just by playing MHz games. And to boot....you get to learn in the process. All Wins.

I thought the 1070ti is the only card that has no factory oc, cause then whats the point with the 1080 back then, i am pretty sure my card has no factory boost?

macetotheface 1 point 1 month ago

There is likely a slight boost in frequency compared to the reference models from NVidia, but most brands pick pretty conservative numbers. GPU Boost 3.0 means that the card auto-overclocks provided there is thermal and power availability. You can manually overclock to go above what the boost does, but on average you only see about a 5% improvement. Some people like it, but I left my 1060 stock and let it do its thing.

Irikal 1 Build 1 point 25 days ago

It really only depends if the software controlling your card's settings will allow it.

BTW, sorry for the delayed response... Life threw a curve ball (actually a lemon) at me and i need to make lemonade...