add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for Gaming laptop Approx $1500 CAD

adamboyce556

9 months ago

Need a laptop I can game on while I'm travelling. current laptop wont cut it (GeForce 940mx is a nono)

I dont have a preferred brand or size, if it can game it can game. only thing is i dont want MX150/MX250 or chips like those, they dont perform very well for what i need this to do.

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I can't believe I am recommending this.

OVERPOWERED Gaming Laptop 15"

OVERPOWERED Gaming Laptop 17"

15" goes for $799US and the 17" goes for $999.

Both include a 2 year warranty and a decent gaming bundle.

I bought the 17" last December and I got my wife the 15" beginning of January.

Other than the really really stupid name... I love both of them. The prices are pretty much unbeatable for the specs. Initial reviews really were unkind, but at the time the prices were also a bit higher. I have had 0 issues with either laptop. I do a decent amount of video editing with premier pro cc and after effects. The cooling system seems to work great under load. You can hear the fans ramp up, but IMO it's far quieter than the reviews make it out to be. Course I'm used tot he noise a full size gaming/editing rig makes. I haven't had any serious throttling issues either. Under full power, under full load, all 6 cores bounce between 3.99ghz and 4.1ghz. Beyond excited about that.

So my opinion might be a LITTLE skewed.

After almost three months of near constant use, I have 0 complaints so far. It's practically replaced my desktop usage wise.

Anyways, my two thoughts. You can find these in Canada, or if you live close enough to the US border use a VPN and order one for PICKUP.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I actually haven’t been able to find them at my local Walmart’s, but I do have a VPN and live only about an hour or so from the border, would be fine to drive into the states and pick one up

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube