• No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Grommus 5 days ago

Howdy all,

I currently play at 1080p on an old gtx 760 but im needing an upgrade and the 2 cards in the title are pretty closely priced - im after opinions on which card i should pick?

My current system is a Ryzen 5 1600x with 3000mhz ram.

I try most triple aaa games that come out but usually i only really play wow and a couple other mmos.

Cheers.

Comments Sorted by:

DrLitch 1 Build 1 point 5 days ago

They are both good cards that perform well at 1080p. The RTX 2060 has massively lower power draw though, I would go that route. At 2K, Vega 64 better but 2 years is a long time for PC tech, there will be better and cheaper 1440p options by then. At 1080p, particularly modern AAA titles, your GTX 760 is a little lightweight although largely workable with tweaks to settings. I definitely recommend moving towards the 2060 for now.

mark5916 1 point 5 days ago

They should perform on par depending the game in question.

And as DrLitch mentioned above, the RTX 2060 consumes way less. Almost half the power consumption of an RX Vega 64.

Grommus submitter 1 point 3 days ago

The power usage is a good point and I don't intend to use the rtx for all its ray tracing abilities etc as if i were to use them id get a higher end card like the 2080 etc.

I just want a card that will last 3 years or so on 1080p and alot of reviewers say the 6gb vram is an issue where as alot are saying it wont be an issue over the coming years thats why i looked into the vega 64 as it has the 8gb vram.

Gilroar 1 Build 1 point 3 days ago

The reviewers are forgetting that VRAM is irrelevant if you don't have the graphics performance to need that much frame buffer.

You could throw 16gb on the Vega 64 and it wouldn't be able to use it in a gaming workload.

xLegendary 1 point 3 days ago

If you don't mind the power consumption... but make sure you have the right power supply.

Sensible_Systems 53 Builds 1 point 2 days ago

Of those two, the RTX 2060 for sure, but if your gaming is mostly WoW and other MMOs at 1080p, then either would be overkill and you could get away with a much less expensive upgrade, like an RX 570, which is currently a great value 1080p card.

Grommus submitter 1 point 1 day ago

Yeah thats true but the 570 wont last anywhere near the 3 yearish mark like the 2 cards i have mentioned.

But as i said i do like to try the new aaa titles when they come out and some i enjoy so i play a whole lot more.

Maybe the rx 590 might be a better card to buy and then upgrade in a couple years when the new generations will far better?