• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

benkimmeyer 5 days ago

What are the differences between the many different rx 580 8gb manufacturers.

I currently am thinking about buying the powercolor version because of the low cost, but why do the auros or msi rx580 8gb cost so much more.

Comments Sorted by:

Gilroar 1 Build 2 points 5 days ago

Depends on the model from each company.

but why do the auros

Gigabytes Gaming series reuses the older cooler from the 480 G1 gaming which was terrible and no better cooling and noise wise then the reference blower model. The Aorus features a newer better cooler that allows it to run cooler and quieter.

or msi rx580 8gb cost so much more.

Depends on the MSI

UnBeat-_- 1 point 5 days ago

I got a asrock rx 580, the cooling isn't very good but the software is very user friendly allowing me to cap the temperature making sure that it wont over heat. Also I didn't pick up a very good case cooling wise.

esotken 1 Build 1 point 5 days ago

I use a MSI armor rx 580, I do not recommend it. Its cooling is average at best.

Generally the best AMD gpu makers are:

• Sapphire
  • XFX
  • powerColor
  • Asus ( some good, some bad)

Some of the worst (for the most part)

• msi
  • Gigabyte
  • Asrock

Also aim for a 8gb model over a 4gb.

benkimmeyer submitter 1 point 5 days ago

currently using a power color 8 gb... thanks for the advice

What preformance do you get? Just curious

For me mine tops at 1366 frequency stock settings, and in my most demanding titles I reach the mid 70’s C.

hah I just asked this question to make the decision on buying a GPU, if u want to see my current build that I will probably buy soon here it is...

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gZ6F6s -might switch out the AMD5 2600 for the AMD3 2200g for budget

Without knowing your budget, you could shave off about $45 by making two choices:

1. Lose the aftermarket thermal paste. It really is not needed, the cooler that the cpu comes with has some pre applied and its usually good quality.
  2. Change your motherboard. I would recommend the MSI B450 Tomahawk. I use the B350 version and love it. It supports my 1600 at 4.1ghz and 3200 ram no problem.

Just something to consider.

I know that the tomahawk is recommended but I would need to buy an addional WiFi adapter... which would cost more than my current mobo(integrated WiFi).

Is it really that big of a deal or should my current mobo be sufficient... thanks

JMak00 1 Build 1 point 5 days ago

Over the past few months I've had the XFX 580 4GB; XFX 580 8GB; Sapphire Nitro LE 580 8GB; and Asus ROG Strix OC GAMING 8GB in my rig.

I do 1080 gaming and for that use case, 4GB is all that's needed.

I ended up sticking with the XFX GTR 580 8GB, but that's moreso because that was a warranty replacement card and I couldn't justify spending my own money for a new card. This is their top tier 580 card. Runs warmer than the Sapphire and Asus, but oc's like a beast (1480) and doesn't touch 70c unless using synthetic tests and remains fairly quiet at 60c.

I like the Sapphire the least. I had a lot of trouble getting a stable overclock and while the cooling was really good, it couldn't match even the XFX 4GB in the games I played. It was also really loud.

I liked the ASUS ROG STRIX OC GAMING 8GB the best, performance, cooling, noise, and asthetics. But it's also the most expensive of the AMD 580s. It has 3 fans and a massive cooler and was by far the quietest even when I got it to 1500mhz when ocing it. It also has sweet lighting on it, but the software I found to be a complete mess, though ultimately I did get the lighting software to work, but never got gpu tweak to mod the card itself.

My brother just picked up a msi 570 4gb for a really good price and to be honest, there's very little difference between it and the XFX 580 4GB cards that I went through during last summer.

In sum, you might consider getting a 570. The 580 is a 570 refresh and the 590 a refresh of the 590. Look at slickdeals.net in the Hot Deals forums as Ive seen 570s and 580s getting cheaper and cheaper every other week it seems.

The used market isn't a bad idea for the 570 or 580. Buy from eBay and you have some protection. And if you get a bum card you're out probably a $100 for a 570.