add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Really lucky or really not lucky

Ivan101

70 months ago

About 3 hours ago I was browsing the internet (didn't download anything or open any websites), I had one tab open, nothing else. All of the sudden my computer freezes, bluescreens, and tells me there is no boot device, I go into bios, check boot order( it was correct) and switch boot options from legacy to uefi>legacy. The computer boots but everything is super laggy and the computer was making a clicking noise also if I moved the cursor too quickly it crashed. I managed to download the western digital drive-checker and everything checked out, after I closed the utility my computer was back to normal with the exception that origin was missing and I had to reinstall it. Please help because I know this shouldnt have happened, and I don't believe in luck.

If it helps AMD 6350- @ 3.5 ghz

Adata pro 1600 mghz ram (mobo automatically underclocked it, it only supports 1333 and 1866 speeds, would also appreciate help on this matter!!!!)

970 gigabyte motherboard-DS3P I believe

500GB WD blue harddrive (the problem I think)

Sapphire R9 270 dual-x

All drivers are current and non-conflicting to the best of my knowledge, GPU is overclocked by 50 MGHZ

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

the drive is physiscally bad, RMA it then buy a seagate

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Also want to mention I build this computer 5 days ago all parts NEW

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Did I put this in the wrong section? I really need a fast respose

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Where specifically was the clicking coming from?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, wrong section.

You said it was clicking? That usually means a physically bad drive, though it could be an intermittent issue that comes and goes... This is gonna sound stupid, but pull the drive and give it a little rattle while listening to it... If you hear it rattle, rma it.

Before that though, check your logs for a critical error around when it blue screened. It should have some info for you to go on. (error reporting is in the computer management interface... You can get to that through control panel or right clicking "computer" in the start menu for Windows 7 and below.. Not sure about 8)

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

tried shaking it, got no rattle according to win error log "The driver/Driver/WudRd failed to load for the device SWD/SensorsAndLocationeNum/LPSwensorSWDevice, no idea what the hell that means would appreciate a interpretation

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

Could be a few things... Are you running Windows 8,8.1,or 7?

With 8 and 8.1, turn off fast boot in bios.

Make sure all your firmware is up to date for the motherboard

Do a memory test on your ram

What power supply are you using?

If you Google the info it told you, you'll see a few results where others had the same issue also.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Computer is running stably now, The memory (according to previous research) isnt the issue, its the mobo supporting very few ram sticks, i just dont know if its safe to overclock my ram to 1866

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on the ram. I've never used that brand personally, but if it's 1.5v ram, it should be fine... If it's 1.65v, do your research first...

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

ill go for it, thanks

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube