add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Does Anyone Have Any Recommendations On A Gaming Monitor That Has A Good Color Ratio?

DooplisTheGhost

3 months ago

To start off, here's my build if anyone needs it for reference: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zFs9XP.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a gaming monitor That has a good color ratio? I've been looking to upgrade to a new monitor for awhile. I'm unsure what panel type and what resolution of monitor to go with too. I know there's not that many 1080p gaming monitors out there, but everything just looked smaller on a 1440p, although, I guess that's not as important as how good the color ratio is. The monitor that I have right now is an ASUS 1080p 60hz VA monitor. Over the past few months I've bought and tried out the ASUS PG278QR on Amazon which is a TN monitor, but both times all the colors just looked drowned out no matter how many times I adjusted On Screen Display. I also tried the PG279Q which is an IPS monitor. I think I got a faulty one because the colors were messed up on that one too. I was thinking about trying out the Acer Predator XB271HU Abmiprz b/c I played a game on that monitor when I was at a convention last year and it looked pretty good.

Anyways, I mainly play FPS games, and shooter games on PC, so I guess a monitor with a fast response time would be best. Also Nvidia announced that some Freesync monitors will now be Gsync compatible last month, so those might be worth look too.

Feel free to post any monitor recommendations and I'll look into them.

Thanks

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

MSI Optix MAG27CQ. I have used this one and really liked the colors. Also the Acer predator xb271hu you mentioned is a really good choice too.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

Thank you for the reply, I'll take a look.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube