add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Searching for Ultrawide screen..

BaronMunchausen

6 months ago

About to Build a new system (R5 2600 with MSI Ventus 2070 itx build) and I have narrowed the monitor to either Vast 35" or Acer ED347ckr 34" and a bonus is I like they both are Vesa mountable (hard to find ultrawide monitors with Vesa mounts).

Gaming wise I really do not do FPS (been there done that decades ago) so mostly do MMO/RPG type games (also some online P&P D&D/Pathfinder, Elite Dangerous and soon Star Citizen, Cyberpunk 2077, Mechwarrior 5 etc) and also after seeing 2k/4k resolution I know I would be happy at 2k since I am more into the looks than the fast pace (like FPS's). since I am not a 'Pro Gamer' (just a simple gamer).

Both the above monitors I mention really fit what I have been looking for (plus $$ wise) so anyone with input on either of the monitors (if you own one) with a 2070/2080(ti) GPU would be appreciated (and i admit I leaning a tad toward the Vast) or similar monitors that can be suggested.

Thank you all in advance.

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Or wait until the LG Ultrawide 38GL950G releases. It’s the perfect ultrawide ever.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the acer ed347ckr and it really good. If you can get it on sale which is $400 then it a steal.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the input. Also do you know if the G-sync does work with the freestyle? doing some digging on the net to find out but so far nothing. Someone mentioned the Vast does but one has to buy a updated Display port (those are fairly cheap) to get the G-sync to work.

I also notice that just about all the reviews for the Vast is just on Massdrop (of course that is the only place to buy it) to where Acer is a more known brand and many reviews all over.

Will be a bit till I break down and buy a new monitor so gives me plenty of time to dig and think.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Edit: Found a review on youtube and replies say that yes the G-sync does work on this monitor. % wise is now leaning toward this monitor plus a few places in Vegas actually have this monitor in stock.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

My gtx 1080 ti does work with free sync but it was having some fps drop compare having it off.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

The difference between the vast and the ed347ckr is so minimal that the price sealed the deal for me. Also have a decent oc going from 100hz to 115hz stable.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube