add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CPU Cooler Replacement

codeman1
  • 16 months ago

I'm not the smartest on picking parts that augment well with each other and was wondering what other CPU Water Cooler I could use that would have RGB on the fans as well. Of course it still needs to be 3x 120mm fans, just wondering if there is a good alternative to my current Corsair H150i PRO that wouldn't hinder my cooling capabilities while having RGB on the fans themselves as well. Or if I just got the 2x 120mm Corsair fan version and stuck another single fan next to it if that would work, but I figured that would come at a cost to my actual CPU Cooling. Also wondering what would be the best fitting 3x 120mm RGB Case Fans to fit my Case and match with my CPU Water Cooler (If I had to replace the Corsair). Thank You!

Second Note: If you have any comments on the RGB Header my motherboard has and if it would be enough to not need an ARGB version I would be great full for any tips or concerns I should know.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VwtXq4

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want something that’s going to sync with the Corsair software, you have to get Corsair fans. For radiators, you want “Static Pressure” fans often abbreviated SP. for case fans, you want “High Airflow” fans often abbriated AF. AF fans move a lot of air quickly but don’t have a lot of pressure behind them. SP fans push the air with far more pressure making them good for pushing air through tight radiator fins.

As for the header on your mobo, rgb headers are usually either 5v (3 pins) or 12v (4 pins). You’ll need to see what the requirement is for the fans you get.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Why not just replace the fans on the radiator with RGB options?

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

You can, but fans usually have 2 main purposes, radiator or case fans. You want to make sure you get the right type for the right apppication of optimal cooling. Also, Corsair rgb is proprietary. You can only control Corsair fans with their software and there software only works with Corsair products. Unless you want more than 1 software for rgb, you have to stay in the ecosystem.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

The LL120 RGB fans that are already in the parts list are static pressure optimized going from Corsair's website.

https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/Categories/Products/Fans/ml-config/p/CO-9050071-WW

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I never said they weren’t. I was giving information on what the OP wanted to look for when shopping for fans.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you guys! this is what I wanted to know and after what you've said, seeing that I want to stay with Corsair, do you think it would be a bad idea to go with the 2 fanned version water cooler onto my radiator since Corsair doesn't have a 3 fanned version with RGB on the fans. And put on another single Static Pressure fan next to it? But I'm not finding a single SP fan that would be good for the Radiator after what you've said. I'm assuming I should just suck it up and go with the 3 fanned water cooler with no RGB on the fans.

Example: Stack the -CORSAIR Hydro Series, H100i RGB PLATINUM https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16835181151 with the -CORSAIR LL120 RGB 120mm FAN https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/Categories/Products/Fans/ml-config/p/CO-9050071-WW

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Under ideal conditions, I would say the 360mm radiator would be better for overclocking the 9900k to its max potential with better thermals. That said, you may run into a power delivery limit before you run into a thermal limit. If you don’t plan on doing extreme overclocking, you can get by with the 240mm radiator.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay so I'm just going to suck it up and get the 360mm radiator but with the power delivery limit how could I avoid that?

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

You need a motherboard with solid VRM.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube