add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
pcQuinton

12 months ago

I recently got the tp link tg 3468 and it turns out to be slower than my motherboard, did I do something wrong?

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

i'd like to know how you know it's operating slower, do you have a gigabit internet connection you are using as a test, or how are you testing that it is slower? very few things outside of actually having a gigabit internet connection will saturate a gigabit adapter

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

My plan is 150 mega bites per second, I only got 90 on my motherboard so I decided to get the network adapter to see if I got faster speed but it got slower. I used speedtest.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

It is probably a driver issue or the PCIe card. It also might be a driver issue for the motherboard one. Pretty much every motherboard since the Pentium 4 era has a gigabit NIC on board. It might also be the cable you are using to connect or your router/ modem. It could also be a lot of traffic on your network or a lot of traffic from your neighbors networks. Try updating the drivers and see if that fixes anything.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

I got the latest driver and it's not working.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

If you go back and forth between pcie card and motherboard network is the card consistently slower? Are you testing speed to some external site or to your local router? If you're doing an external test then it's subject to variations caused by outside traffic over which you have no control.

If you can switch the cable back and forth and over multiple tests the mobo lan is faster, than all I can suggest is that the card drivers are very poor, or the card has a design flaw or limitation of some sort.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

that sucks.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube