add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

help with ssd boot drive hdd storage drive

joemomma22

70 months ago

so, ive got myself a 240gb ssd, and a 1 tb hdd. I know windows makes a system reserve folder for boot and what not, but it seems to be stored on drive1 (hdd) instead of drive0 (ssd) what do i do about this?

Screen shot: http://puu.sh/7MqIL.png

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

If using Windows 7, you can try the tutorial at the following LINK. No comments if using Win8/8.1

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point
  • I am not a Win8/8.1 user, hence "no comments"
  • 70 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 70 months ago
  • 1 point
  • If a fairly recent install, you can clean install the operating system again. Just be sure to disconnect all the hard drives/solid state drives except the SSD intended to hold the OS this time.
  • 70 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah this is last resort because it is fresh its not a monumental deal but id like to do it without reformatting.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

If you have the time, you can wait for whoever recommended/suggested using Windows 8/8.1 to assist you.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Surprisingly enough im really loving 8.1. its exactly like 7 only quicker. theres a program you can get called classic start that gives you the normal start menu and all of its features http://puu.sh/7Mtz6.png

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, I'm aware of that third party software and even tested it along with two variants during both the Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 RC stages. Bottom line: None of my systems has Win8/8.1

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

okay well thats great for you i suppose. you dont have to like it. i do lol. the Classic Start is all i wanted to see in windows 8 and 3rd party or not, its there and it works really well for me so far.... regardless, that command line isnt working nomatter which way i switch around the parameters. i guess a fresh start is going to have to happen

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

If you can, save anything important on an external drive/flash drive. But i recommend going through this approach as it will most likely be the easiest.

You can try to use the windows easy transfer tool, and move the boot files over to the SSD.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube