add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New system for 2019..

BaronMunchausen

8 months ago

This is a great site. It has been a while since I have built a system so time to build a new one (going to let my GF son use my old system) and was going to go Intel but decided to go AMD (save some $$ to put elsewhere in system) and so far this is what I have came up with.. just have not yet picked ram yet (all this is still planning stages) and a few other parts so this is for gaming (also do a little online tabletop RPG D&D/Pathfinder etc)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6tY8vn

Mainly for gaming and looking at 1440 (monitor I will choose later just so much to choose for a system build these days).

I was thinking of 2700x but after some reading (lots) it seems to shave a few $$ a 2600x should be almost just as good (I do not plan on heavy OC just slightly). Also the SSD around 500gb (will add like a larger SSD or HD or Mw in the future). Just a rough build so far but in no rush to grab the parts now (probably with tax returns). For the PSU looking about 700/750 (gives me some room for additions/future upgrades).

So just wanting some input/advice possibly so I thank you all in advance.

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

The build looks fine for the most part. The PSU is a bit overkill but at least you could upgrade to a power hungry card without any problems like you were saying.

The XFR2 Trubo-clock boost works pretty well so there isn't much reason to overclock the Ryzen 2600x or 2700x.

AMD is most likely going to come out with a new line of processors toward the beginning of the year. Rumors suggest that AMD is going to make an announcement about their new line of processors at the CES 2019 show that's a month away. There are more fantastic rumors out these new processors circling the internet but I'd have to see the benchmarks before I believe them.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the input. Yeah the one thing about future proofing is one cannot go wrong with a beefier PSU lol.

I noticed that quite a few people mentioned that if one is not really going to overclock then get the 2600x for it will take care of itself but if one really wants to overclock then get the 2600.

Gotta love rumors. Like you said CES is right around the corner so will see what is said/metioned in the next few months before i really start turning my build idea into a physical computer.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube