add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How can I improve my current build / setup?

Evilernut08

10 months ago

I have £200 to spend. Not for a whole new computer, for a slight change in my current one.

When I look at other computer's people are building, they have a certain visual "wow" factor to them. I'm don't feel that my computer. I feel like I messed up the parts I chose when I first built the PC. I also feel my computer looks a bit tacky.

So what I would like you guys to do is tell me the best things I could do for my money to my current setup. It has not changed much in the 2 years I have had it, and I belive it is time for a visual change. I have been contemplating recently of changing my case to the NZXT H500i. Is it worth it?

Here is my current setup: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/gBsJ7P

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I would upgrade to 8th gen cpu

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

I only have £200. I want it to be a visual upgrade not a performance upgrade. I'm quite happy with my machine's performance at the moment.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok well then you could upgrade your monitor is that the problem

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

What to?

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Well with 200 not much but maybe an lg

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe. I would prefer something to make the actual computer look better though.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

TBH your build looks pretty decent.

Only suggestions I have is to get some custom / sleeved cables to match the white case & GPU. Also a GPU back plate would be a nice addition along with maybe some white or RGB fans. You could also look at getting a m.2 SSD cover too.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Gonna invest into some sleeved cables. Found a whole set on amazon for really cheap compared to the rest.

As for the fans, I want to change them, but I am not too sure on what brand/model to go for.

I also can't find anyone that does metal backplates. V1Tech does plastic ones, but they charge a lot of money for a piece of plastic, especially after shipping has been added.

Asus provide 3D printed files for a M.2 cover fan thing. Might see if I can get one printed off cheaply.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Ref the fans, I've got both SP & ML Corsair fans in my rig. Happy with both, but the ML's are supposed to be better & quieter I think.

Ref the GPU back plate I don't have 1 myself but have seen some not too overpriced available in the UK / Europe, dunno about where you live.

A M.2 cover always looks good to hide it away

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok i'll check out some websites. Found a website called ColdZero, they seem to have some quality products for good prices. Cheers man.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Overall your setup looks really good. Maybe get some braided cables, a different case with a full TG panel, backplate for GPU, and if you really want to add the icing on the cake replace all fans with nzxt rgb fans(including the ones on AIO).

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably will do man. Looking at the NZXT H500i with a 120mm aer rgb in top and a 140mm aer rgb in back. Not going to bother changing the Aer P radiator fans as they are not visible. May get white trim for them though. Found a backplate and SSD cover on ColdZero.eu. Seem to have good quality and decent prices. Also found braided cable pack on Amazon by a brand called upHere for a really good price. Cheers man.

Link for cables: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071FL6BKT/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A16G2RYKO3IO8J&psc=1 Link for ColdZero: https://www.coldzero.eu/asus-gtx-1070-dual-gpu-backplate-layout-1-white

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds sick. Send over some picks when its complete.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry but i had to up-vote your setup I'd suggest if you only looking for comsetics putting nanoleaf panels somewhere on top of your shelf would make your whole room look more lively.

If possible try to drill a hole above where the mouse pad is so you can hide those nasty cords dangling across your desk from your keyboard/mouse.

I like the H440 as it isn't just a black box like most cases are now a days. Buts that's just my opinion.

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

Cheers man. I have always wanted nanoleaf panels but they seem to be expensive at the moment. I will definatslly buy them later on when I have a bit more money and the price is more reasonable. I don't think I'll be able to drill any holes in my desk either. I do like my case at the moment but there are a few problems with it that I think would be fixed with a newer case.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree with you. I think the case is a bit outdated when compared to today's market. I have always planned to get some sleeved cables as well. I will look into the monitors and see if I can get rid of these two and replacing them with a higher refresh.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube