add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

If you had the money to quit working, what would you spend tomorrow doing?

DarTroX
  • 20 months ago

I'd probably still go to school, but I would take it way easier knowing I have one less worry in life.

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 4 points

Largely depends on how much money we mean. Millions and Millions or just a similar amount to what you earn at the moment.

If the former, I would still work but say 3 days a week and enjoy the 4 days a week dedicated more to hobbies. If just similar pay to now, I would carry on working and just earn double XD

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points

i would spend my day

Working...

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points

Waltz my *** around downtown and walk into every single store that look even remotely interesting and buy stuff like albums and coffee mugs and novelties and SNACKS

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points

Why on Earth did "Waltz my ***" immediately make me think of this?

I have problems.

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

Not a bad idea...

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points

Do you mean that you'd have all the money you could want, or just enough to scrape by? I'd still work (if I had a job to begin with...), but if I had all the money I could want, I'd start with building the coolest computer ever and buy a Nintendo Switch with every game I could want... The list could go on and on.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Basically me lol.

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

I’d still take a job, probably part time so I could have something to do when I’m home for the summer months. Go traveling the world in the winter. I’d own a nice piece of land and decent size estate and have multiple building to house my hobbies. Something like a large garage for my car collection, pool house, workshop etc. I would also Invest some money and save it, and also make sure my family can live comfortably. I would open up a fund they can request money from to help with their expenses and I would buy them a nice beach house in Ocean Beach NJ cause they like to go there for vacation :D

It’s nice to dream lol

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

also you'd buy your pal DarTro a C4, 350Z, G35, WRX TT Gallardo

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points

I’d buy all my discord friends stuff, you guys are the best lol

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

ayyyyy

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

C4, 350Z, G35, WRX

Glad you crossed these off, some of the lamest installments of these models ever.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Bruhhh, you can't go around dissing the C4 like dat

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably the saddest corvette ever made. The C4 ZR1 was cool for its time but the bodies ugly and the base vettes are slow.

To be fair though there wasn't many notable cars from the late 80's through the mid 90's.

Edit: There wasn't many notable cars from American manufacturers.

The Corvettes were ugly, the Camaro was ugly, Dodge wasn't making sports cars besides the Viper, the Fox body is iconic but niche imo and the old 5.0 was a dog.

The actual notable cars for that time period weren't even v8 sports cars. Shelby Charger, Omni GLH, Taurus SHO, Buick GNX, etc,

On the other hand we received lots of iconic cars from overseas.

DSM was born giving us the Starion/Conquest, Eclipse/Talon/Laser, and then the 3000GT/Stealth, Toyota brought the Supra, FD Rx7, 300ZX TT, Skyline R34, and of course the M3/5 weren born in that time period.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

There wasn't many notable cars from American manufacturers.

It treason, then.

Taurus SHO

Yes.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

The C4 literally set a precedent for all the coming vettes. The ZR1 was a ******* beast for it's time, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. I love the C4s.

The foxbody is anything but niche, it sees use in hella purpose builds.

And DSM is American/Japanese, the DSMs were built in the states lol

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

Get a 4 monitor setup, all 260Hz, with a 30 inch screen up top in 4k, with 2 RTX 2080 Tis in SLI, with the new Intel i9s or the Ryzen 7 3700X, because I would bribe AMD, Intel, and NVIDIA into letting me test their parts with billions of dollars, buy a massive house, buy a bunch of cars, and waste all of my cash on vbucks, endlessly driving down into a spiral of debt, asking my family for every single cent they have, wasting it on vbucks when I should be buying food, and now the fridge is empty and the electric is off.

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points

Make a legit site that gives kids free Vbucks

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

i would lmao

[comment deleted]
  • 20 months ago
  • 2 points

Necromancy is a forbidden art.

[comment deleted]
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

No, man, it's the best!

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

100% would open up a custom shop, by that I mean a shop with the capability to take on about any project be it wood, metal, or plastic. People's ability to place an order with the shop would be completely dependent on my mood and what they are after (aka would it be a fun project), sort of like Gas Monkey garage does in selecting the work they want.

I love dabbling with things and am proficient in AutoCAD, Solidworks, and AutoDesk Inventor so a large scale high end 3D printer, and a CNC multi axis waterjet would be required.

Recently I have had the urge to start building custom pool cues.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Found someone who finally written something I have always wanted.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Keep working if I didn't have something to keep busy I would end up committed pretty quick.

And I quit working because child care was starting to cost more then I was making.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Holy hell what happened with the staff deleted comments here?

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Someone might have been banned.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

No, there was an argument that got out of hand and the staff nuked it

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

What was it about? It’s just a straight chain of comments, must have been intense.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd probably keep working but cut back to three or four days a week during good weather so I could golf.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably get a job at a golf course and play golf everyday I was not working. It's what I did when I was in high school and didn't know how good I had it at the time...

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I bet you had some good scores too.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I could get around pretty well at the time, low 80's, high 70's sometimes, now I'm just glad any time I can play...

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

This is sad, but if I didn't have to go to school I'd totally be on Fortnite all day.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd still work tbf

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I would buy land in northern Minnesota. A lot of land. Then an f150. Pay for fiber to be installed on my land. Have a nice house built made to look and feel like a really big log cabin. Then spend my days making gun reviews on youtube after I begin to buy all the guns I ever wanted and more. Then build systems for the fun of it.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

1st day? Sleep. All day.

Within the first week I would get a top grade PC and a streaming PC. I would structure my life around streaming (besides school) and grow my channel. In school I would act normal; no fancy clothes, cars, or anything else that would say what changed. I would set 4 mil aside for buying stocks when the prices drop.

In the first month I would pursue friendships more actively, cultivating a close group of friends. (more on those later) I would not tell them about my sudden wealth either. I'd settle into a streaming schedule and work on the side.

2nd month in, I would continue to solidify very strong friendships and possibly a girlfriend. Everything would still appear normal. I'd lowkey ask my new friends what their favorite cars are, and what they'd do with a million dollars.

On the first weekend on the third month, I would buy my friends their favorite cars, give them each 500,000 and put the rest of each of their million dollars in an investing portfolio. I would start wearing whatever expensive stuff I want at school, and separate from everyone not currently in my friend group. My friend group would turn into a clique, but since they became friends with me before they knew about my wealth they'd be 100% trustworthy. I would really enjoy flexing on the people who bullied me previously, or tried to dupe me into giving them my money. Last day of school I do a burnout in my Black/Red Lamborghini Huracan in the school parking lot.

At the end of high school, if they still want to go to college, they get full tuition. If not, then we live together in a giant mansion in some large piece of forested land. Weekend trips to whatever country/state they want.

Oh that would be so awesome.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Cleaning up my garage, and other parts of the house now that I have time, and preparing to fish this weekend. Start back on my iphone project, clean up the backyard in prep for grandchild #2 - yes, I'm that old (but some people have a grandchild at 36 !!)

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Sleeping... Duh :P

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Buying cars.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

i would play a bad game.

• 20 months ago
  • 0 points

Ha. I'm 6 months into a 4 year contract. So, still the same ****.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

preach

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

theres already one of those haha

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

As ssjg5rlly said, there's been one of those out for months.

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

Alfa Romero

?

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Got an extra r in there :P

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Nah, I think he meant alfa romero, not alfa romeo. Who cares about those fancy Fiats? /s

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube