add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Why do you hate Ben Shapiro?

MichelWeber
  • 21 months ago

I've watched a few videos of this guy at college lectures. I think he brings up some good points. Also seen some videos of him on a panel discussing topics. One of the things he brings up a few times is how to avoid poverty: 1. Finish high school. 2. Don't get have a kid before you are married. 3. Get a full time job. I think those were the points - he cited the brookings institute.

Some people hate or despise him. Why?

If you say he's a jerk, well that isn't a very descriptive reason.

If you say he's a liar, then be sure to include what he has said that is incorrect.

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 5 points

He speaks logic and scientific fact and that angers many who would rather believe that their idealism is correct instead.

Though he does go a bit too far into the conservative territory as well sometimes.

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points

yup - agreed for the most part. How far he goes into conservative territory could be up for debate - but that would be a new thread.

• 21 months ago
  • 4 points

I actually like him somewhat; He says things that make sense to me. In some ways he is a troll, but at least not as bad as Milo (Milo is the one who I stay away from)

Overall, I don't really follow him or pretty much anyone else in politics.. For example, I wanted Trump to win simply because he sucked less than Hillary IMO. I distrust both of them regardless. (At least the stock market is flying and the economy is good)

Since I really started to think about politics its just been something I tend to avoid. I am a conservative in an increasingly liberal school, and I don't really feel that I can openly discuss my opinions without getting in trouble. You don't want to piss off the people grading your work. I'll vote when I can but you can bet I won't talk politics unless its with people who I know are 'safe'

• 21 months ago
  • 4 points

I'll vote when I can but you can bet I won't talk politics unless its with people who I know are 'safe'

This is called an echo chamber and it's something to avoid. Contrary opinion isn't something to shy away from. It's something that helps us all grow from time to time.

• 21 months ago
  • 5 points

Although I agree with avoiding echo chambers, it seems m0rkillz has reason to fear academic retribution for his political views. If those concerns are legitimate, I'd also keep them to myself in most situations.

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

I can get that. It's sad, but one has to ensure they aren't shooting themselves in the foot.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I didn't say that it was just people sharing my views. If it seemed like that, then sorry. I don't mind talking politics with people of opposing views, its more of me avoiding people who will make a big deal about something that I say that they find controversial.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah - there's an unwritten rule at the work place - don't talk politics, religion or salary.

I don't think he's a bad person, I do think he may be out of touch with the general public somewhat since it sounds like he's been raised in a household closer to the 1% than most.

• 21 months ago
  • 4 points

I don't hate Ben. He's a wiseass but he backs up his beliefs with cold hard facts. It is difficult to refute most of what he says because he has read the studies and knows the details of whatever the subject might be. If you ask him a reasonable question you will get a truthful answer. If you approach him with a claim or statement that he doesn't agree with you need to have your facts ready and not a pile of emotion. "The facts don't care about your feelings." He is one brave SOB to go to these colleges and lecture. With all the leftwing brainwashing at our college campuses it’s literally a dangerous place for a conservative. To squash the conservative viewpoint and deny the right to free speech is a roadmap to communism. It amazes me how the left is screaming about Russian collusion while playing right into their hands. The irony is remarkable not to mention the hypocrisy.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

That's a good description of what he's all about in public. Yeah, if you plan to change his mind or prove him wrong, you better do your homework!

• 20 months ago
  • 4 points

never heard of him but sounds like he has some good advice

1. Finish high school. 2. Don't get have a kid before you are married. 3. Get a full time job.
  • 21 months ago
  • 3 points

PCPP off topic is going into some pretty serious redpill territory...

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I've heard of redpill and I think bluepill? Never used those terms until this post - I take it that is republican or democrat?

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

Redpill is republican. Blue is democratic.

• 21 months ago
  • 3 points

I don’t hate him, but I really wish Shapiro clickbait would get out of my YouTube recommended feed.

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

There's some things he's said that I agree with, but I still think he's, ahem, a jerk!

Like tiny_voices mentioned, that's basically what he does. That, and he tends to speak contradictory things, but at such high speeds that he sounds smart nonetheless.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

A person who states facts cannot be jerk unless people are offended by the said facts. What I'm trying to say is that The only people annoyed by him are those that get offended by facts.

• 20 months ago
  • 5 points

The false assumption is that he only "states facts" and facts alone.

You can be factual and still be a jerk. If someone is overweight, and you walk up and say "Hey fatass!", you're not being inaccurate in a technical sense... but you're being a ******* jerk, lol.

Due to this thread I watched a couple clips of him days ago. One that comes to mind was him giving black people **** for being excited about Black Panther. I could stop right here because, frankly, I love movies and you're an ******* if you feel a need to stand up and say "stop being so excited for (movie)"; but especially when it is the first black MCU hero getting a film, that underscores the *******-ness of it.

But it's worse. He had a sarcastic rant for several minutes about how this is apparently the most important thing to ever happen to black Americans, "more important than the Civil Rights Act", etc. He cites how Blade and Catwoman were "not enough" for black Americans, which seems to imply that they should be content they got two superhero movies with black leads well over a decade ago. He somehow managed to work in a complaint that Obama being president didn't end him having to hear about racism, as if it was somehow stated that his election would just "end racism" or something... yeah he's a total prick. None of this was just stating facts, he's just being a whiny **** cause he doesn't like seeing black people excited about a damn movie lol.

[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • 2 points

I don't know a whole lot about Shapiro except for him being excessively anti-gay. Which is just a moronic position to battle over, quite frankly, always was. I've never really listened to or read anything else by him because conservatives like to drone on about how smart he is, yet he's going to take up arms against homosexual marriage? Not smart.

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

I have nothing against Ben Shapiro personally. I appreciate that it is still possible for someone like him, with his unique perspectives and insight to share thoughts with the world freely. I agree with some of his perspectives and disagree with others but will defend his right to have and share them.

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points

Some are trying to stop him from speaking - which you probably know.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Who?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

An editor/columnist?? Public event speaker who is on the conservative side, republican side of issues. He speaks at various colleges/campuses around the country and brings up a lot of controversy at those talks. Many people don't like him/his opinions and I was curious as if any here have anything to contribute their opinions about him.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I dont

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

Thanks for the reply.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Shapiro is a god at debating. I agree with everything he says and stands for.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah - he goes with facts - can't really argue/debate against facts.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Most of the people he debates with just resort to shouting over the top of him. lol.

• 21 months ago
  • 0 points

You've probably only watched his popular well known videos, the majority of his videos show how ****** of a person he is, taking advantages of his viewers to sell products

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe you could enlighten us with a link to a video showing what a ****** person he is? And since when does selling **** on the internet make you a ****** person? How exactly is he taking advantage of people? Facts please. If you want to sway someone's opinion its better to do it with facts. I have an open mind.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Please explain how he is a shytty person - is it because of the ads in his videos? I've seen those - yeah, annoying - just like the ads on TV or the radio or on Pandora or....

[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I guess it just depends on what you see as rude/disrespectful. I know for certain he has been on some things, but I wouldn't say "every sing thing that happens." .

[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • 2 points

Sure are.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

He thinks being transgender is a mental disease.

Just out of curiosity what do you consider Transgenderism?

[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • 1 point

If it isn't a mental disease than what is it? Of course they do suffer much higher suicidal rates then average.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

He does hit on the left quite a bit - which I find entertaining at times, and he does use some terms that I can see why someone would be against those statements, they do make me pause and think a bit.

I don't recall hearing him say every US city is a "hell hole with black people who have nothing to lose".

[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • 2 points

I’ve been doing some digging and the closest quote I can find of Trump saying something like that is:

March 2017, Trump would ask black voters “what the hell do you have to lose” by voting Republican.

I don’t support the guy, but you sure you have the correct quote? Lol

[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • 2 points

I'd say not having a kid before you've got a fairly stable life is best, marriage isn't that important for it but I guess that may be when life gets stable for some?

• 21 months ago
  • 4 points

I agree with you on the "fairly stable life" part. Associating that with marriage is a false association based on outdated ideas; I can't speak to whether Shapiro believes that or not.

But I totally agree with the idea of "don't have kids until your life is stable and financially sound". I think that would solve a lot of endemic societal ills.

[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • 2 points

Eheh, it's ironic, isn't it? Gay people can get married in most Western countries. Western countries are the only countries he seems to care about, right?

Anyway.. two loving parents is the best model for kids, together preferably but apart works, whether of the same sex or not. Idk where he gets the 'kIdS fRom GaY ParEnts ReSorT tO tHiS:' from.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean its just a way for him to say that only a man and a woman should be able to have a kid. He's against gay marriage so by him saying you shouldn't have a kid until you are married its just a round about way for him to state, more covertly, that only a man and a woman should have a child, not 2 people of the same gender.

I am not extremely well versed on his opinions, but has he directly or at least more directly stated his thoughts on the correlation between gay marriage and having a child? It just seems like while that correlation and motive might be there in his head, I don't really see it as a certainty or the only possibility. He seems to not give much of a damn what people think of him so I just don't know why he would tip toe around this specific issue.

But...this could just be because I don't have a lot of his ideas to go off of to see a likely correlation and hidden motive.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I believe the point is to not be a single parent.

[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • 2 points

It is better for a child to have two parents vs. one. You'll need to provide some data to change my mind on that one. Unless you are referring to the interpretation of getting married before having children.

[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • 3 points

I'm saying you don't have to be married for a kid to have 2 parents.

Some people believe that marriage is a commitment to a serious relationship and that having a child before marriage is bad because you’re not “committed” to the child either.

I don’t agree with this but I myself was born out of wedlock and my bio father was an ******* and left, so everyone’s opinion is different.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube