add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking to build new pc and would like help

Karbolyn
  • 20 months ago

Hey everyone,

I am looking for advice on a pc build. This would be a brand new build and I’m looking to be conservative with the budget but at the same time if it’s make or break in performance then I’d pay the extra price. I’m looking to do a lot of video editing, gaming, and streaming. I have had intel computers my entire life, and I don’t know if the AMD new line is worth it over the price of intel. I am trying to stay under $1500-$2000 but would like to build the best gaming, streaming, and editing computer for the price. Don’t get me wrong, it would be nice not to spend the entire budget but looking to game on a 240hz Alienware moniter. I also don’t want to have to worry about bottle necking, FPS issues, and other issues if possible (I know nothing is perfect and issues can arise.) best performance for the best price, but if someone could assist in whether or not one build max, is going to be justified over a 1500, or below pc. Thanks in advance and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I take it I will need a new OS but I have the mouse, monitor and keyboard.

Also just curious what is the main difference between the 8700k and the Ryzen? Is the intel going to be better overall or what is the hype about Ryzen?

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Ryzen is better for streami g+gaming off1 pc. Tested and proven . Intel provides more in game frames until you go to 4k which is just gpu dependent.

Intel had to drop a plethra of cpus they didnt intend on dropping because AMD brought back the competetive marketand dropped intels shares or whatever by like 9% i believe.

You will have a better gpu budget going with AMD processor.

Plenty of benefits to both companies. I like both.AMD is the choice for your desire however.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

The Ryzen advantage is more cores for less money, with competitive single-thread speeds and better clock-boost algorithms than Intel has. The disadvantages are slighly slower single-thread speed (about 10-15%, so one thread runs a hair worse than Skylake speeds), faster memory needed since the internal interconnect runs at memory frequency, overclocking hits a wall sooner than the 8700K (on the other hand, all Ryzens are unlocked and you can overclock any of them), and no embedded GPU in most models (so even a minimal graphics text workstation needs some sort of video card).

Many of today's games still run all the important computing in one thread, which is why you'll often see Intel cited as being preferred for a pure gaming build, particularly at the high end where you can spec an i7-8700K and overclock the heck out of it. Throw multitasking and streaming into the mix, though, and the Ryzen core-for-dollar advantage starts showing up.

The good news is that both lines are very good. If you choose the "wrong" CPU (for some given numbers of cores/threads), you aren't going to lose all that much performance, and you might not even notice it.

Added: another Ryzen advantage is that AMD has promised to stick with the AM4 socket and chipsets through at least 2020. So there should be at least one more round of better CPU's that you can just drop in. Intel has traditionally forced a socket or chipset change, or both; whether they will keep that up, or match AMD going forward, I don't think anyone knows yet.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey. The main Differences between the 2 processers is price and streaming performance. The 7 2700X is cheaper and has better streaming performance. The I7 is more expensive and has a slightly better gaming performance.

Here you go. Your Monitor too! PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor $319.00 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler ARCTIC - Freezer 33 eSports ONE (Black/Red) CPU Cooler $32.02 @ Newegg
Motherboard MSI - B450-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard $79.99 @ B&H
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LED 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $189.99 @ Corsair
Storage Samsung - 970 Evo 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $99.78 @ OutletPC
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $59.49 @ SuperBiiz
Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Black Edition Video Card $669.99 @ Amazon
Case NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $69.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $89.72 @ OutletPC
Monitor Alienware - AW2518HF 24.5" 1920x1080 240Hz Monitor $429.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $2069.86
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $2039.86
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-06 17:58 EDT-0400

You COULD save money by going with cheaper GPU brand, but I HIGHLY recommend EVGA, their Products and Customer support are top notch

• 20 months ago
  • -1 points

I have always been an AMD fan but I thought I would build you a solid Intel machine that will work great for gaming and streaming. The 8600K has 6 cores and is a beast. No worries when it comes to video performance either with the 1080ti 11G I added to this beast. All for under $1500.00... Take a look.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor $249.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler $84.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard Gigabyte - B360 AORUS Gaming 3 WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $100.98 @ Newegg
Memory ADATA - XPG GAMMIX D10 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory $129.99 @ Newegg
Storage ADATA - XPG 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $102.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Seagate - Constellation ES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $64.85 @ Newegg Marketplace
Video Card *Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Mini Video Card $629.89 @ OutletPC
Case Raidmax - Zeta B04 ATX Mid Tower Case $39.99 @ Newegg Marketplace
Power Supply SeaSonic - 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $69.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1493.56
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $1473.56
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-06 17:39 EDT-0400
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube