add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Going forward w/ a 1070ti and 1440p/60hz

Dtwenty
  • 21 months ago

Hello, a few months ago when I bought this 1070ti i bought it new for $500 when the 1080's were $700, which is why I have a 1070ti and not a 1080 like I wanted. My monitor is 1440p/60hz and it kind of bugs me that I didn't wait but whatever, is it silly of me to expect 3 yrs out of this card @ 1440p/60hz for very high settings about? I know many variables come in when talking in game settings but I am asking for a "more or less" scenario and not so much a "etched in stone MF!" one.

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

1070ti is very very close to a 1080. I don't think you will have any problems to play any game on high settings at 1440p/60hz in the next 3 years.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea, i know its not too far off I just was not sure in theory.

Speaking of theory's id like to think the jump in monitor tech is on the cusp of taking wider leaps within the next one to two years compared to the past five or six. Another words I am thinking that buying a $500 - $1,000 high end monitor now for a 1070ti is a waste as opposed to looking for one in 3yrs after i finally replace the 1070ti.

Anyways thanks.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube