add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First build, is it good? i7-7700k 1080ti

Nicholsonjosh44
  • 19 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Nicholsonjosh44/saved/rnMCbv

I currently have a prebuilt computer that I upgraded parts and I installed with no knowledge haha. I'll be putting the evga 11gb 1080ti from this pc into my new computer along with my parts list. Wondering if I could be more cost effective in this parts list. And if I chose good parts. I'd like this pc to be cool and quiet. No liquid cooling, no overclocking.

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

Whats the build for? I gaming only:

If you're carrying the i7-7700K (previous generation) from the current pre-built to the new build, its a superb gaming chip - keep it.

If you're purchasing a new chip, you can do much better taking a current generation i5-8600K (6 cores) -or i7-8600k if you have editing/rendering requirements too.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Gaming and sometimes heavy multitasking. Current prebuilt has amd fx-8320. Idk what the mobo is but prob not very good

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

All the parts are compatible right? I have no idea if they are

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

Don't worry about compatibility, PCPP has that verified for you. Sometimes errors are possible with misrepresented specifications of parts which are very quickly resolved but on the whole PCPP is totally on point!!

Looking at the list itself, for added confidence, yes the parts are fully compatible.

The above poster "Zerk2012" has already provided the recommended upgrades keeping you within budget. The i5-8600K (current generation chip) will simply perform better with 2 added cores for your intended purpose of use compared to the i7-7700K (previous generation). I would go with the same recommendation.

As for your WIFI query (above) the motherboard added below (and in the above posters list) are wifi integrated. Motherboard comes with an antenna too which works very well!!

Since you're within budget, with the savings, Ive updated a couple of parts and thrown in a 1TB SSD. Not entirely necessary but works wonders in the long run if you're installing numerous games. If you prefer pocketing the savings, drop back to 500GB, alternatively you could invest those savings in an i7-8700K chip - zero benefits at the moment for gaming but a more worthier future-proofer!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor $249.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler $36.40 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock - Z370 Killer SLI/ac ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $139.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $144.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $177.99 @ Amazon
Case Corsair - Crystal 570X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case $170.10 @ Amazon
Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $89.99 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full - USB 32/64-bit $103.95 @ Trusted Tech Team
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1113.40
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-02 13:47 EDT-0400
  • 19 months ago
  • 2 points

Thank you so much!! Would a Noctua cpu cooler for i5-8600k suffice? I hate computer noise from fans and I want pc to be cool. And would I need the 8600k vs the 8600? Since I'm not overclocking?

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

The H7 in the noise-pollution arena works really well!! Esp for a non-OC rig.

In terms of max noise levels, both the noctua and cryorig cooler fans max out at 24/25dba hence pretty much unnoticeable difference.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok. Ty so much your your great help and replies

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

The above build is similar to what I was going to suggest. The 7700k is a GREAT processor but the 8600/8700 is about the same price with more performance. I am a HUGE Noctua fan, no pun intended. I have the Noctua NH-D15+6700k(OC'D 4.5ghz) and love it. I have been gaming out nonstop all day, on a heavy overclocked CPU and GPU and my temp hasn't gone over 67c CPU.. GPU 73c(max for a few seconds).

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

If you don't already have the motherboard you can get about the same performance from a i5 8600K.

If you not overclocking the cooler is overkill.

This site might not be 100% accurate but it is fairly close. http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-8600K/3647vs3941

Really the same performance with the WIFI built into the motherboard.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor $249.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler $36.40 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $179.99 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $154.99 @ Amazon
Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $97.99 @ B&H
Case Corsair - Crystal 570X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case $170.10 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $88.17 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $94.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1097.52
Mail-in rebates -$25.00
Total $1072.52
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-02 09:06 EDT-0400
  • 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I dont need a wifi thing? The motherboard already has one? I dont use wifi, it's always been hard wired ethernet. I just want it to have the ability to connect wifi just in case

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

The board I listed has WIFI built into the board, your build has a WIFI card listed instead.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube