add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I am a newbie to the PC building world and I'm in need of assistance...

jaded_david
  • 19 months ago

Hello PC Enthusiasts.

As the title suggests, I would like to build my own PC. I've always had an interest in learning the in's and out's of a personal computer and also I've been eager to create something that will be decent for my hobbies but the problem that I am facing is that there is a ROBUST amount of possibilities the options are simply overwhelming to me. Heck, I barely understand the functions of a SSD, so yes, I need a lot of assistance. I refuse to cop out and going for an Alienware or an Omen. I feel that they are simply overpriced and I feel that I could do a better job with a $700 budget. So once again, I ask you all to help me. Where should I start? What are some good products for Gaming, Editing, and Livestreaming ? All advice is welcomed!

TLDR: I am a noob who wants to build a decent Gaming/Editing PC for $700.

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

What games, resolutions, frame rates? That will determine the video card you need which will be a big chunk of your budget.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

About the best your going to get in that price range to do everything you listing. If you need windows 10 included in the price then you will have to take a big performance hit.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor $165.99 @ Walmart
Motherboard Asus - PRIME B450M-A/CSM Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $79.99 @ B&H
Memory Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $137.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $59.59 @ OutletPC
Video Card Zotac - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Mini Video Card $169.99 @ B&H
Case Rosewill - FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $26.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $46.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $687.43
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-29 13:26 EDT-0400
  • 19 months ago
  • 1 point
  • Ryzen 5 1600 - good gaming CPU with 6 cores and 12 threads of overhead for various tasks. Comes with a decent quality stock cooler.
  • 16GB of high speed RAM which is ideal for heavy games, streaming and editing.
  • Start with a RX 560 now, it has a very good price to performance ratio unlike the GTX 1050Ti. You can upgrade later.
  • You will need Windows 10.
  • Large SSD to start off with. You should buy the largest SSD you can afford up front. Skip the mechanical hard drive for now, that can always be added later. Adding storage drives is easy.
  • A little over budget but it's worth it.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor $149.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte - GA-AB350M-DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $64.95 @ Amazon
Memory Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $137.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Team - L5 LITE 3D 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $64.99 @ Newegg
Video Card MSI - Radeon RX 560 - 1024 4GB AERO ITX Video Card $123.98 @ Newegg
Case Cougar - MG110 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $35.61 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair - CX (2017) 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $32.98 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $94.89 @ OutletPC
Case Fan Apevia - CF12S-BK 57.7 CFM 120mm Fan $2.83 @ Newegg
Case Fan Apevia - CF12S-BK 57.7 CFM 120mm Fan $2.83 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $760.94
Mail-in rebates -$50.00
Total $710.94
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-29 15:09 EDT-0400

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube