add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC not booting to OS

MeatloafMonday
  • 19 months ago

Hello people of PCPP. I built my PC a few days ago and it has not been booting straight to Windows. I think that it should be booting to the SSD every time because its at the top of the boot priority yet windows isn't showing up. The only way I have found to work is to go into BIOS and click on my SSD in the boot menu. This is a bit of a problem because I would like for my PC to go straight to windows and going to BIOS every single time is a little annoying. I asked r/buildapc and one of the people said to enable the AHCI. I just don't want to do anything unless I am sure it is ok. Help would be appreciated!

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Did enabling AHCI work?

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Um I didn't do it yet. Waiting till the weekend when I don't have homework to do. Thanks for asking

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

That will not work if it was not ensbled when the OS was instslled then it will not be able to read the drive.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Checked BIOS and it looks like AHCI is already turned on. Very confused.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Should I maybe just reset windows?

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Post a link to your build.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube