add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I was told 3200 is boring mode.

Dtwenty
  • 19 months ago

I have a 2700x, x470 gaming 7 and my kit is Trident Z 3200 running @ 3200 via xmp. If I wanted to know if my kit was sam B I would have to try OC'ing it to find out yes?

Which leads me here, if that's the case where do I start when it comes to OC'ing ram for Ryzen 2000?

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I would have to try OC'ing it to find out yes?

That kit (F4-3200C14D-16GTZRX) is compatible with Ryzen processors and will work on that board (Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI)

Also before you attempt to OC the ram, update the BIOS to the latest available version.

And yes, those modules are using Samsung B-Die ICs.

...boring mode.

What you mean with the above?

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Will OC'ing it past 3200 be worth it for fps in gaming?

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

If you do that, you may need to apply manual the latency (increase the latency) and perhaps a higher voltage may be needed to.

But that doesn't mean you will achieve a higher performance doing that.

So, i would use those XMP profiles that this module is designed and tested for.

And last but not least, you may end up with an unstable or not working system if you try to do that.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, i wanna see if i can get a little more out of my system, so if ram is best left alone and the CPU is better left at stock to let XFR2 do its thing then just OC GPU I guess huh?

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, you should definitely leave the R2700X work at its boost clocks.

You can even amplify that by buying an good aftermarket cooler.

Doing that, and keeping the temps close to the 60s, you will achieve clocks greater than 4.0GHz.

With the above mentioned, there is no point to apply an manual overclock as you can't get the 2700X higher than 4.2GHz anyway.

Yes, you could OC the GPU (and the more power phases the GPU has, the better and easier would it be to OC)...and for getting the best possible results as Ram concerns, 3200MHz with a latency of 14! would be more than enough to squeeze some additional performance.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

You say 3200MHZ with latency 14, I check mine and it is @ 3200MHZ with cas latency of 14 or 14-14-14-34, is that the same as what you mean or no?

• 19 months ago
  • 0 points

why would you need anything mroe then 3200? It's all I run on my 2700, anything higher is dumb, pointless, and may actually kill a CPU faster (3600 +) due to increase load on the CPU's built on memory controller

EDIT: Hell, i even use 3200 on Liquid Nitrogen when I bench

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube