add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Pick my monitor

OfMiceAndRice

12 months ago

Looking for 144 hz If it's 24 inch 1080p If it's 27 inch 1440p VA panel bc I want the best of both worlds inbetween ips and TN, TN panels looks like

Edit: found this Acer ED242QR but from what I seen it seems to have problems and not good reviews

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly you say that about TN panels but unless you have seen certain ones first hand you wouldn't be able to tell its not an IPS, for example you can find a good TN panel, 1440p, 144hz, g-sync for $350 during a good sale, $400 for a general sale. If you want cheaper still than that i can help but the TN panel looks very closely like an IPS once colors are adjusted.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Tbh not even sure how to " adjust" colors. I was hoping to just plug it in and look nice

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Adjusting colors is pretty easy, its those little buttons that you find on monitors on the front of the bottom or under the bottom right corner of the screen, pulling up on google what brightness/Red/Blue/Green/Gamma is really easy.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

There really isn't a wide selection of VA panels that are worthwhile, IMO. Maybe in another year, but right now TN and IPS are the ways to go. TN if you want faster response times (1-3ms) and are OK with adjusting some settings (which isn't difficult to do, say with a Dell S2716). IPS if you want your colors to have more "pop", but are OK with 4-6ms response times.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

i could do ips if its 4 ms. tbh id doubt i'd notice a difference between 4 and 1, but i do play xbox(i know puke console) on a benq 1 ms so maybe i would notice the difference? either way any recommendation on an ips 4ms?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube