add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What is the best antivirus program in your opinion?

DominickP

16 months ago

What do you think is the best antivirus program for Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit?

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 3 points

Paid Combination

• Bitdefender (Total Security if you want to go all out)
  • Malwarebytes Premium

Free Combination

• Windows Defender (be sure to turn it on)
  • Malwarebytes Free

There's other great antivirus out there, but this is just what I would use.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks!

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

I use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes. However, as long as you aren't downloading sketchy stuff your better judgement is your best bet.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I previously used ESET Smart Security 8. Now, I am using ESET Internet Security 10 and my PC so far has been buttery smooth. When it comes to security, I only trust ESET.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

MIKAFFEE

jk norton

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Avira, Bitdefender and Kaspersky are probably the best AVs.....

https://www.av-comparatives.org/test-results/

https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I've been using norton for a little while now and I've had no issues whatsoever but I have heard of many people swearing by the combination of windows defender and the free version of malware bytes. Considering the latter is free and norton is not I'd recommend giving that a try first to see how it works for you.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

For Win 10 I dunno really, but I've used Avast for years

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Windows defender -free -works -optimized

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

For free, my current choice is Bitdefender. Kaspersky, Avira, Avast, and others offer good free versions as well. A free scanner like Malwarebytes Free is a good idea to keep around as well.

Worth noting that Windows Defender does a reasonable job these days. It isn't the best, but built-in and simple.

• 16 months ago
  • 0 points

I've used symantec norton security premium for several years, I get it free with my ISP service. It also filters out spam, malware, It must work, because when I do manual scans with Malwarebytes, it hardly every finds anything.

Over the years, I've tested many antivirus, firewall, malware, spyware, etc. and I keep coming back to Norton.

The only thing that really gets through are all those cookies, and once in a while PUPs, potentially unwanted programs. For those I run ccleaner weekly, and once or twice per month I run superantispyware. If I turn off cookies then a lot of websites block me. Or I just keep getting pop-ups on websites wanting to allow cookies or disable my adblocker. Most of the time I just leave that site and find another which doesn't keep nagging me.

You really have to be careful when you download, lots a things get attached, even when you say no...don't install. And for the reason , I hunt for stuff poping up in my registry, programs, appdata, system32, and a few other places. They also get into your startup programs and will even start a sevice, those type you really need to get rid of fast.

Don't open email for sources you don't know. Don't open links in chats rooms, that's how hackers get you.

Stay away from girly sites, those will get you infected fast. xD

Well, that's about it, I'm sure I ve covered most of it.

Cheers!

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for replying, I'll try out those programs when I build my computer. :)

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

My pleasure

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube