add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Drivers installed from web site?

Dtwenty
  • 21 months ago

I decided not to add an optical drive this time, so when I get to gigabytes site, find my mobo (x470 gaming 7 wifi), click downloads, I notice there are a lot of downloads, like 8 individual ones and when I click the newest one of any say ( audio ), win10 asks what I want to do, open, save or cancel. If I say open then it downloads and then brings up a "compressed file" I can see it, so for example " Realtec Audio 8459 " that's the audio driver I just tried to open which ended up downloading, now sits in this compressed file. So what next?? I have to do this for +chipset +LAN +sata raid/ahci +usb3.1 ect, ect

Are these drivers considered "INSTALLED"? I feel like Im just downloading them but there not being applied but rather just siting as a file and seeing as I went Ryzen I definitely want to make sure everything on the mobo is updated, so how can I make sure I am doing just that?

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

To actually use them, you will need to uncompress them first. In Win10, you'll right click then select "extract files", or you can use a 7zip action if that's installed.

Most of them should be an installer-type (e.g. .msi) or executable (.exe) file that will actually run a routine on your computer to update the drivers onboard. After each one it will likely force you to restart the computer.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the response, do i just click and download the driver download at the top on the support page cause some say something like "win10 64(DCH) with another driver link ver below it from a futher date that say win10 64 without the (DCH) does it matter or no and just DL whatever is newest?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, I DL'd everything i saw and on each one i selected "extract file" it then did another loading bar when being extracted but not once was i told to restart. So i guess Im done but nothing really happened? Is there a way to visually see some kind of proof that I am running on the newest bios updates and whatnot?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

You can check the newest BIOS by...

Running a DOS window with CMD and type: systeminfo

Search for the BIOS version of your computer.

As for the other drivers, you can check them in windows Device Manager.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

It says across from Bios Ver. "American Megatrends Inc. F2, 3/6/2018"

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

The most recent bios update on the web site is a link for Version "F4G" 5/10/2018 but when i try to apply that one a error message comes up about how my version of win64 is not supported.(i am on home 64 win10). My current bios says I am on Ver F2 from 3/6/2018 which the site lists as the first one.. i think, furthermore, do i even need to update the bios?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I thing those drivers are universal drivers for System (OEM) builders

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/develop/getting-started-with-universal-drivers

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube