add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Dtwenty
  • 21 months ago

My x470 came with two bags, both with a temp cable in each and the mobo manual only using one but after i plug it in does it just hang there? Its kind of long, not sure if i tuck it or if the temp end needs to touch something, where does it go once plugged in?

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Using the thermistor sensors/cables is optional. You don't have to use them at all. They are just extra temperature sensors, and your mobo has two of them available.

To use them, plug the one end (2-pin) into the sensor port (EC_TEMP1 or EC_TEMP2) and then you would place the other end on the item/part/component you want to monitor the temperature on and afix/tape it there. Then the mobo will be able to report the sensor temperature of the component you afixed to.

Hope this helps.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

It did, thanks a lot.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube