• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Adamt602 10 months ago

So what I would like to do is wipe my computer I built last year. It might have some viruses on it and such. And I don’t have anything important on it. So I was wondering if I could just create a system image back up so that it would be easier to wipe constantly. Because I just want a fresh restart every time I feel like it’s getting a virus. Is this a good idea? Is there any better idea? Also would the system image backup take all my updated drivers with it!

Comments Sorted by:

TheShadowGuy 1 point 9 months ago

You could but it isn't a perfect solution. Restoring from a backup is what you do if all else fails, and relying on it as your sole security measure doesn't protect you from anything looking to just quickly steal your data.

It would be a better idea to do the following:

• Evaluate your browsing habits. Don't click on sketchy links. Try not to click on ads. Be careful about downloading.

• Run ad and script blocking browser extensions.

• Use an AV. If you have Windows 10 and Defender isn't working out for you, try a free one like Bitdefender or Kaspersky Free.

• Have a backup scanning tool like Malwarebytes.

• Keep programs updated.

Adamt602 submitter 1 Build 1 point 9 months ago

Security really isn't a problem for me because this pc is only for gaming. And thanks for the tips XD. I know they could do key loggers and such but don't use this for any sensitive information.

Adamt602 submitter 1 Build 1 point 9 months ago

But would it remove the virus if i had one by doing a system image back up? Because my main concern isn't security. But mainly performance i want to game with out someone running bitcoin mining in the background of my pc.

[comment deleted]