add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

8 black rubber washers...

Dtwenty
  • 21 months ago

I know this may seem a little specific but... So it's obvious to me now that I mixed up some of the accessory bags together and I now have a small zip-bag with 8 black rubber washers, My mobo (x470 gaming7) says nothing about them, my case (570x) says nothing about them. They have to go to something, these things look like someone combined two blk rubber washers to make one (stacked) i do have 8 screw holes in the mobo, i just dont want to fry anything.

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

my guess is they would go on those 8 motherboard screw holes (top side). It used to be that all motherboards came with little paper-ish type rings that would go under the screw heads I assume as an insulator or something. If nothing else, the rubber washer should provide some cushion between the motherboard and the screw head so if over-tightened it won't crack the motherboard etc.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Since i did not notice this until after i screwed in my mobo which (didn't really fit but i managed) will any damage happen if i don't use them?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

it should be fine.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea, I don't remember using rubber washers on my last build. Thanx!

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

You've got two 3.5" drive bays, right? The washers fit in the caddy mounting screw holes. They're dampers against vibration of the HDDs.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Wouldnt they be replacement washers for the glass paneling of your case?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

OOooh, that's a good one! But my case houses 16 glass screw holes which is twice as many, hmm. I just wanna make sure my mobo won't fry out if those things are supposed to keep the metal screws off the board or something.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Its just spare washers in case you lose them when pulling off the glass panels. The motherboards never required rubber washers before and they probably wont in the near future either.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube