add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Dtwenty
  • 24 months ago

Quick question, I have heard horror story's regarding the "Chroma" line being very "intrusive" and "regretful" in terms of terrible software so I am looking at other k/m brands for my gaming setup and heard mention about the Steelseries? Is the "Engine 3" as bad as the Chroma software or are they all the same "jump-through-hoops" pile of ****?

Thank you!

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

It's popular to hate razer... the software has never been an issue for me. the older hardware has dome dependability issues, but that was mostly due to bad cables that pulled out or disconnected over time

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

But does there software actually mine your files for info and is the constant online connection for the software to work really necessary?

I was looking at the k95 kb as well as a steelseries mouse , not sure if there software works the same.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Why would it mine files for info?

It is not constantly online, but it saves your settings online. You can still use your stuff offline, but won't be able to access all your saved settings.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube