add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

OK, I'm a dummy, I want to be disremembered.

Siwini

14 months ago

I use several "puters", I want them to forget my user names, I clear the history almost daily, but it still "remembers" my usernames for the websites I hang out on. How do I get the dang things to forget that I exist?

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

It depends on the browser.

For Chrome, it's under Settings, then Advanced Settings, in the Passwords/Forms section if I recall correctly.

My biggest question would be "Why?" If these are public/shared computers, consider using a USB stick with PortableApps or a live Linux distro.

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

Anyone else read this as "dismembered" and begin to type out the best way to cut off your limbs without killing yourself, Before realizing it said disremembered?

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol me too.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're using Google Chrome, you can change the settings to not auto-fill and not remember or offer to remember your passwords. I believe you can also set it to clear your cookies and browsing history each time the browser is closed. Or just use incognito mode all the time, won't stop your sys admin from seeing what you're doing if you're on a school or business network, but it will not save browsing history or anything you search.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know if you still have this issue but a quick way to get rid of data is to ctrl+shift+delete. A pop up window will show up and then click advanced(if your in chrome) and tick all the boxes. Other browsers will just have boxes (not an advanced option). And then finally hit delete.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 14 months ago
  • 1 point

might as well uninstall it and install it again

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube