add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Dtwenty
  • 24 months ago

What extra's exactly, does the Taichi have over the extreme4, is it just better VRM's and more power phase?

Thank You

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

WiFi and the Hyper BCLK Engine II

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Why would someone choose an board that costs over 200 bucks with an locked processor for using the BLCK Engine II to overclock is beyond me.

So instead of this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor $178.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock - Z370 Taichi ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $207.88 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $396.77
Mail-in rebates -$10.00
Total $386.77
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-05-22 16:35 EDT-0400

someone could very well go with the below...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor $219.00 @ Amazon
Motherboard ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $153.99 @ SuperBiiz
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $372.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-05-22 16:33 EDT-0400

And don't tell be because the extra cost of the i5-8600K cooler.

An i5-8400 if overclocked with an crappy cooler, will not cut it either. ;)

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

...Um, sorry I am a bit confused. This original Post was just asking about the difference between two Asrock boards, no one said or asked anything about an 8400 or an 8600k... Wrong thread maybe? I myself am going back and forth about 8700k or 2700x, hope that helps.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

This original Post was just asking about the difference between two Asrock boards, no one said or asked anything about an 8400 or an 8600k...

That's related to Velcade answer about the Hyper BCLK Engine II that the ASRock Taichi supports.

You can Overclock locked processors that way!

But that's not so exciting as it looks, as you can buy an unlocked processor with an cheaper board and do the Overclock the regular way.

Now about the CPU problem.

If you want a fast processor for gaming both are excellent choices really.

The Ryzen 2700X has the better overall performance on applications that using multiple cores, and that's obvious as it has 2 cores and 4 threads more.

does the Taichi have over the extreme4, is it just better VRM's and more power phase?

Both uses the same VRM and power phases

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

What extra's exactly

This was the question. It has been answered. OP gave no mention to the CPU planned for the build. I must have missed where I said the Taichi was worth the extra money.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah no problem man. ;)

OP gave no mention to the CPU planned for the build.

That's why i did answered in general and not replied back to you.

He mentioned afterwards about a possible choice about a 8700K or 2700X CPU.

So, an Intel or AMD board.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

What do you mean when you say OP? Srry it's just me I just don't understand

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

How is this not common knowledge?

OP noun. acronym for "original poster" - i.e. the person to submit (post) something to a website that permits discussion about submitted things

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

The first person to comment or POST on a topic, so in that case that's you. ツ

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

The first person to comment or POST on a topic, so on that case that's you. ツ

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube